Friday, July 24, 2009

Armadillo as Liberty

Tom Coburn is quickly becoming my favorite senator. Here is an excerpt from his floor speech on the stimulus:

"You know, in Oklahoma, I trap armadillos in my yard. They come in, they'll ruin a little yard, because they like grubworms. So all you gotta do is put a few marshmallows out, put a marshmallow or two in the trap cage, and you'll catch those suckers. We'll that's what Washington is doing to American liberty...

We steal your liberty. We steal your freedom. We steal your choice...

Now there's two things I do with those armadillos, one of two things. I either put 'em in the back of my pickup and take 'em 10 or 15 miles away from my property, or I shoot 'em. And that's exactly what's gonna happen to us. We're either going to be carried far away from what we know and trust and believe in to be right, or we're gonna be extinct as a nation."

Hat Tip: Glenn Thrush

P.S.
Bias in Mr. Thrush's writing has gotten really bad in recent weeks. If you remember, about a week ago Mr. Thrush thought Zell Miller was being racist by using Gorilla Glue to metaphorically glue President Obama to his chair. Well, he hasn't been afraid to let his bias slip in recent weeks, and this post was no different. He made a big deal out of the fact that Mr. Coburn shoots the Armadillos in his yard. Good. Frickin'. Lord.

1 comment:

  1. my dad shoots bunnies in our yard. but that is a bold statement. I applaud his use of the first person plural rather than third person.

    ReplyDelete